Sunday, February 21, 2010

fireworks at midnight

I stay in a town with very little rain, barely any wind and alot of sun. Some friends from outside of Malaysia love the sunny dry all year long weather. That of course amazes me, because the rain makes my worst Mondays feel like Saturdays. This Chinese New Year particularly has been scorching hot. It hasn't been raining/drizzling everywhere I've been this past few days. However, there was a sudden random short downpour a few days ago. When I got home I saw what I have been waiting for weeks for at the gate soaked in a puddle of water.


It arrived on the one day there was rain. I think the clouds have a sense of humour.

The bills were so crumpled my dad ironed them out. It was quite a funny sight- my dad ironing, and the pieces of paper on the ironing board. :)


Oh and it hasn't rained since then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, it hasn't rained for a few days and it's hotter than usual in KL. Well, God has his timing on when the rain will fall haha..

Unknown said...

My goodness... All wet! At least the postman flung the whole thing into my porch. So it's dry. At least it's nothing terribly important.