Monday, April 5, 2010

the simplest things

After coming home from class today, I went grocery shopping with mom. I probably never really enjoyed grocery shopping. It always seem like an adult's job to go grocery shopping for the household while the kids wait at an ice-cream place or something that's equal to that. :) Not until last year. Following my mom shopping to help her remember what to buy/push the cart/carry bags has been pretty interesting. I love watching aunties carefully choosing the best goodies from the shelves to bring back for their families, toddlers running around bugging their moms to get them more vitagen/koko krunch, husbands patiently waiting at the end of the aisle with their fully loaded carts.

Today, with cart in tow, I went to hunt for fruits while my mom went off to the wet market section. What I saw after I got the fruits really made me laugh out loud- my mom, along with a few other stranger aunties discussing the different ways to cook the many variety of fishes they were standing by! They were chatting like old friends with big smiles on their faces. :) It felt like some semangat kejiranan story I've read in my moral textbook in secondary school coming alive hahaha. When we were ready to leave, going down the escalator, I saw a tall young malay man holding onto a little chinese girl's hand while her mom tried to keep her cart full of groceries from rolling down. At the end of the escalator, the mom looked back to say terima kasih.

Oh and at the checkout counter, my eyes were drawn to the contents in the basket of a guy in full formal office attire in front of us.

He either has many children or he loves chocolate as much as I do. (:

Yup, who would've thought grocery shopping would've made my Monday hehe. And no, I didn't get my mom to buy me vitagen/koko krunch, but I did have a little treat! Something Fong wouldn't appreciate, cause she dislikes anything berry :P

5 comments:

-Δορκας- said...

didn't know grocery shopping can be that interesting too! ;-)

Faye said...

oh i love grocery shopping with my mum, cause i'm the one who will bug my mum to buy potato chips! hahaha

pls don’t trust the “1 year ago” stated under my link btw. dunno why cacat ady. =/

Unknown said...

I love grocery shopping. As long as I dun have to queue super long at the check-out. Almost bought Famous Amos cookies today but didn't. Coz didn't feel like eating. Weird....

hannah said...

wow that IS weird. you should've bought! then monday i can eat hehehe.
oh amelia bought 2 packets of famous amos cookies yesterday when she went grocery shopping w/her mom too haha

ç£@Réñ©€ said...

That load of chocolate biscuits..!!! ><"