Wednesday, October 21, 2009

october

I actually like October because firstly, Christmas feels soo near! Plus no matter how old you are, as long as you're a student, it means year end holidays are coming! Ok maybe not for ACCA students who would probably be mugging like crazy right now. And it also means the year is ending and a brand new year dawns. That somehow gives me a sense of relief.

But in recent years, October also brought me something else. The thing is, I have pretty sensitive skin and have always had rashes once in awhile- be it from filthy environment to the sometimes-ridiculously-crazy-equator weather. But in secondary school one fine October, my rashes did not subside as it normally would after awhile with the normal meds and lotions. A visit to the doc followed by a jab 'cured' the ugly patches all over my legs and arms. After that, the same rash came again every alternate year and everytime only the same jab could make it disappear.

But these past few years, the October-visiting-rash come every year at about the same time and stay for months and that miraculous jab doesn't work anymore. As if that's not bad enough, I now feel feverish and more hot than usual nearly everyday and the rash spreads uncontrollably. All the docs I've been to can't find any common thing I might be allergic to. I mean what only comes in October? So for now I'm allergic to myself. Yes that's apparently possible. My blood's not circulating as it should. But why October I don't know, maybe it's a yearly cycle. However one doc did give me something that I can take everytime the rash gets out of control. It lasts for 2 days before I have to take it again. And I take it for a few months EVERY year. But that's ok. At least I have instant relief from the pain and internal heat now.

Thesis is the other thing occupying October. It's rush hour. VIVA is next week! Where did all the months go???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I prefer November. November is a fun month preparing for December. Lol. Thesis is progressing after that little hiccup yesterday. can't wait for it to be over.