Tuesday, April 20, 2010

burgers in lecture.

Our last P3 lecture for the June 2010 exam can be summed up in 3 words- swift and starved.
*conversations might deviate slightly from actual.

Lecturer: *draws map-like diagram* So the McD outlets in South East Asia do not serve pork burgers but you can definitely find them in China. In India, there are no Big Macs but there are mutton burgers and vegetarian burgers.

Fong:
Wow there's mutton burgers? I want to try that!

Lecturer:
In Japan, they serve teriyaki burgers to cater to that market segment.

Me:
What's a teriyaki burger?

Fong:
I've tried that. It's rice with burger. Not nice one.

Me:
Oh I feel like having teriyaki salmon now! Or any burger. I'm hungry.

Lecturer:
So do y'all get regiocentrism now?

Amelia:
I'm hungry too!

Lecturer:
Companies adapt to customers' tastes/requirements in the different market segments. Hopefully y'all understand?

Fong:
Me too la!

Me:
Actually I feel like fries now.

Amelia:
Ohno don't tempt me la!

*many other voices fill the lecture theatre but none directed to the lecturer*

Lecturer:
Okay everybody, stop talking about burgers and concentrate! We don't have much time left! Do you understand regiocentrism? Hopefully.

4 comments:

Faye said...

Hahaha. I think three of you just somehow demonstrated what is regiocentrism especially when Amelia suddenly came into the conversation lol.

Gosh, India got vegetarian burgers? Then my McD assignment would have failed lar. .___.

I want Carl's Junior.

hannah said...

i want fries!

Unknown said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... I never thought it'd be that funny. It seemed normal for me to talk about food in lecture. This is very very bad...

ç£@Réñ©€ said...

LOL!! You make me hungry.. >=( xD